Housing Now is a non-profit organization serving people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the Sacramento and surrounding areas. We educate people on planning for their housing future. We assist people with locating housing they can afford in decent and safe neighborhoods.
Housing Now is currently providing financial education workshops, thanks to Banner Bank, to help plan for housing.
Housing Now thrives on grants and donations which keep us going. Please consider making a donation to Housing Now. Check out the contact page for mailing information.
Your support goes a long way!
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency (SHRA) administers subsidized housing assistance through the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Conventional Housing Programs. Currently they serve 50,000 families and have 70,000 families on the wait lists.
The Housing Authorities of the County and City of Sacramento are considering establishing a homeless preference for the HCV and Public Housing programs. This will impact the priority of families offered subsidized housing assistance from the various waiting lists.
Two public hearings will be offered:
- Housing Authority of the County March 21st 9:30am at 700 H Street www.saccounty.net
- Housing Authority of the City March 21st 6:00pm at 915 I Street www.cityofsacramento.org
March 28th Combined County/City meeting with recommendation from SHRA:
March 28th at 6pm at 700 H Street. Check for status prior to meeting.
Comments can be sent until March 21st to :
SHRA 801 12th Street Sacramento, CA 95814
The State of California Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) has released a draft statewide housing assessment: California’s Housing Future: Challenges and Opportunities.
The draft report can be found here:
HCD is accepting comments on this assessment through March 4, 2017.
Starting January 2017, HCD has sent out notifications on some programs:
- No Place Like Home Program: comment period ends 1/31/17. For more information: http://www.hcd.ca.gov/financial-assistance/no-place-like-home/index.html
- Statewide Housing Assessment: comment period open until March 4, 2017. For more information: http://www.hcd.ca.gov/housing-policy-development/statewide-housing-assessment/
- HUD 811 funding change: http://www.calhfa.ca.gov/multifamily/section811/nofa/index.htm There is a change in contract rent for the 811 PRA Round I funds from 50% AMI to FMRQuestions? Email Patti@HousingNowResource.org
YOLO COUNTY HOUSING OPENED THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (SECTION 8) AND PROJECT BASED VOUCHER WAIT LISTS ON JANUARY 9, 2017
Yolo County Housing (YCH) will accept online applications for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) and Project Based Voucher wait lists, beginning on Monday, January 9, 201 7at 8:00a.m. through Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 5:00 p.m., at the latest. The wait list may be closed earlier, depending on the volume of applications received. Applications will be available online at www.ych.ca.gov , on the main page of the YCH website. The online application will be available in English, Spanish and Russian. During this period, applications may be made anytime, day or night, from a private computer or device with Internet access.
Follow the website for details: Yolo Housing