October 1, 2021
Dear Current and Potential Housing Now Supporters:
It seems every year when I write this membership letter the housing crisis worsens. In 2021 Housing Now was advocating for housing for people with low incomes before Sacramento City Council, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors, including providing testimony at the California State Capitol. The advocacy is never ending, and I believe is getting stronger every year
Housing Now is an affiliate member of the larger organization Lanterman Housing Alliance (LHA). Through LHA the CSH has now recognized the need for housing for people with developmental disabilities and intellectual disabilities. Elected officials are beginning to understand that housing is not included in the Lanterman Act and the tremendous need for housing.
Alta California Regional Center (ACRC) now has housing on their radar. ACRC has formed a Coordinated Future Planning committee. The goal for this committee is to create training for the service coordinators on how to address housing at IPP meetings. The original focus of this committee is to address the future housing needs of consumers who are living with aging care providers (family members 70 and over). Coordinated Future Planning
Currently CSH is conducting a research project about people with I/DD and how they can obtain housing that is within their budget, safe, accessible, and healthy environment. This population is now a focus for CSH since they assisted with the creation of the strategic housing framework.
The benefits of renewing or becoming a member of Housing Now:
- Housing Now provides housing referral services to member agencies and their clients.
- Housing Now provides education about community living options to people who need support, their families, SLS and ILS community facilitators, ACRC service coordinators and our member agencies, to enable our clients to make informed decisions about living independently.
- Housing Now keeps our members up to date on important housing issues and what is new in the housing field.
- Members are listed on the Housing Now website www.HousingNowResource.org
- Members will be notified of upcoming housing events throughout the year.
By renewing or becoming a member of Housing Now you will play a vital role in the continued work of Housing Now.
Your contribution goes directly to helping us provide resources to people and assist clients with solving housing issues.
Membership levels: $250 per agency $25 per individual $40 per couple
Additional donations accepted and are tax deductible (EIN # 27-0082579).
September 1, 2021, through August 31, 2022
NAME OF AGENCY/INDIVIDUAL:
$250 per agency, $25 per individual, or $40 per couple
Additional Donation Amount: $
Please make check payable to Housing Now & mail to the address below: