Follow this link for the details: https://www.ych.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/waitlist_opening_english_2022_final.pdf
YOLO COUNTY HOUSING WILL OPEN THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (SECTION 8) AND
ADU’s-Accessory Dwelling Units
These can work well for family members with intellectual and developmental disabilities…
Check out California information: Accessory dwelling units.
Looking for Housing?
- Contact your local housing authority
- Find it here: https://www.hud.gov/
- Call or research local information line 2-1-1
- Let people you know or come in contact with you are looking for housing
- Be sure to be rent ready: have all documents needed, evidence of income and at least two references unrelated to you
- Never give up!
Alta California Regional Center has new Coordinated Future Planning Committee
Coordinated Future Planning
ACRC is starting a new initiative, Coordinated Future Planning, to focus on the housing needs of clients residing with aged caregivers.
The initiative calls on a group of stakeholders: clients, family members, advocates, and service providers to join with regional center staff in both developing and delivering training to service coordinators. This training will focus on the need for caregiver succession plans for each regional center client, as well as seeking to increase the competencies of service coordinators in discussing a range of living options at individual program plan (IPP) meetings.
The first step of the initiative is for service coordinators in IPP meetings to collect data on whether regional center clients are living with a primary caregiver aged 70 or older. Concurrently, service coordinators will ask if there is a plan to provide support when the primary caregiver is no longer able (a caregiver succession plan). This data will be used to quantify how many clients need written caregiver succession plans, and to assess the effectiveness of this new initiative.
It is the regional center’s desire that future IPP documents for clients living with aged caregivers will include:
- a caregiver succession plan
- documentation of a discussion of a range of living options, to include: residing with family members, legal guardian, foster home, group home, independent living, supported living, residential care, and/or family home agencies as appropriate based on client age and needs.
Become a Member of Housing Now
October 1, 2021
Dear Current and Potential Housing Now Supporters:
It seems every year when I write this membership letter the housing crisis worsens. In 2021 Housing Now was advocating for housing for people with low incomes before Sacramento City Council, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors, including providing testimony at the California State Capitol. The advocacy is never ending, and I believe is getting stronger every year
Housing Now is an affiliate member of the larger organization Lanterman Housing Alliance (LHA). Through LHA the CSH has now recognized the need for housing for people with developmental disabilities and intellectual disabilities. Elected officials are beginning to understand that housing is not included in the Lanterman Act and the tremendous need for housing.
Alta California Regional Center (ACRC) now has housing on their radar. ACRC has formed a Coordinated Future Planning committee. The goal for this committee is to create training for the service coordinators on how to address housing at IPP meetings. The original focus of this committee is to address the future housing needs of consumers who are living with aging care providers (family members 70 and over). Coordinated Future Planning
Currently CSH is conducting a research project about people with I/DD and how they can obtain housing that is within their budget, safe, accessible, and healthy environment. This population is now a focus for CSH since they assisted with the creation of the strategic housing framework.
The benefits of renewing or becoming a member of Housing Now:
- Housing Now provides housing referral services to member agencies and their clients.
- Housing Now provides education about community living options to people who need support, their families, SLS and ILS community facilitators, ACRC service coordinators and our member agencies, to enable our clients to make informed decisions about living independently.
- Housing Now keeps our members up to date on important housing issues and what is new in the housing field.
- Members are listed on the Housing Now website www.HousingNowResource.org
- Members will be notified of upcoming housing events throughout the year.
By renewing or becoming a member of Housing Now you will play a vital role in the continued work of Housing Now.
Your contribution goes directly to helping us provide resources to people and assist clients with solving housing issues.
Membership levels: $250 per agency $25 per individual $40 per couple
Additional donations accepted and are tax deductible (EIN # 27-0082579).
September 1, 2021, through August 31, 2022
NAME OF AGENCY/INDIVIDUAL:
$250 per agency, $25 per individual, or $40 per couple
Additional Donation Amount: $
Please make check payable to Housing Now & mail to the address below:
Yuba County New Housing
Habitat for Humanity is repurposing a former motel into affordable housing.
This is how you can get on wait list if you qualify:
Patti Archuletta is the Family Services Manager at Habitat and will be the one taking applications for the New Yuba County Project.
Her contact information is:
(530) 742-2727 ex 201